Sunday 9 April 2017

Day 6 - Tesla at 78K miles

On my journey yesterday the odometer clicked over to 78,000 miles so probably worth me mentioning a bit about the car.

It will be 3 years old in June so has done a lot of miles a year, but that is to be expected given that it is an "experience" car that award winners will want to drive!

Overall it is in good condition and everything works. The trim and bodywork has stood up well, but careless drivers have skuffed the alloy wheels!  Of course the car has benefited from constant OTA upgrades to the software, so the main screen is almost identical to our Dec 2016 car in USA.

However, compared to our car, you can see that things (such as seats, trim, stalks, etc.) have improved over the years. Our car does have the "premium" upgrade and New Generation seats, but I suspect this P85 model was top of the range at the time.

I did have one worrying glitch where both displays froze with the speedo fixed on 67 mph!  Car drove fine, so I stopped when safe and rebooted computer by holding down both scroll wheels on steering wheel. I doubt most "experience week" drivers would have known to do that though...

On that topic, I am not keen on the "old style" speedometer, but I guess if you haven't used the "new style", it is probably fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment