Friday 7 April 2017

Day 4 - Free Charging at Nantwich

Unfortunately I left my friends near Northampton a bit later than planned this morning!  As I couldn't charge overnight, I popped to the Supercharger at Northampton before heading North up the M1.

My original plan had been to go to North Wales via the Warrington Supercharger, where I would get a late lunch. Unfortunately it became clear it was a BAD plan as the friday traffic on the M6 turned​ more and more red on the sat nav screen! I really should have left earlier...

As I was making slow progress on M6, I decided to stop at Keele North service area, get some food and consider my options. From info in Tesla forums, it is possible to use the service road to access the Supercharger on the South side. However, due to warnings about the heavy truck risk, I chickened out and paid Ecotricity £6 for 30 mins on the rapid, using the CHAdeMO adapter.

Over my lunch I found there was a free rapid in Nantwich and as I needed more charge, I headed there. Fortunately it was only a tiny detour from my revised route to North Wales, now avoiding the M6.

In Nantwich I found a great ice cream shop and had a walk round the nice town.  My free charge got me to 90% full, so no need to stop again today!

No comments:

Post a Comment