Wednesday 5 April 2017

Day 2 - Kent

The Supercharger at Reading had got to 40kW when I returned to car and after another 15 mins it was at 220 mile range. So, fuelled by caffeine, I decided to head off to my sister's in Kent, just over 100 miles away.

M25 was already busy, but car coped well with varying traffic speed and (as I already knew) relaxing to drive. The 2014 Model S didn't have TACC (Traffic Aware Cruise Control) and I can see this would be a nice feature for UK motorways.

I believe you now have to pay for the "Enhanced Autopilot" feature to get TACC, as we don't have it on our late 2016 Model S in USA either.  Not so necessary in our part of Florida as traffic isn't so busy, but might add at some point for other Autopilot features!

Normally a Model S comes with a "Universal Mobile Connector" which allows it to be charged from a 13A socket. This isn't included with the Chargemaster car, so I wasn't able to plug in for an overnight charge at my sister's. Oh well, saves her some 'leccy!

No comments:

Post a Comment